Jr Lancer Tackle football
6th, 7th & 8th Grades
Jr. Lancer Padded Flag
The tackle level will continue its fourth decade of competition in 2021. This level is for athletes in grades 6 through 8. Our goal is to field a team of between 20 or more players from each grade. We do not cut players who wish to participate. The coaching staff will be comprised of a head coach and a staff of assistant coaches supported by the Jr Lancer Board of Directors and Joel Nellis, head varsity football coach at BC. Our goal is for the head coach to be a non-parent volunteer. However, parent volunteer coaches are welcome to join the coaching staff with head coach and Jr Lancer Board approval. All coaches will complete a background check and training from both USA Football and the BCHS coaching staff. All players are welcome, regardless of participation at the padded flag level.
The Jr Lancer tackle teams compete in the AAYFL – All American Youth Football League of Wisconsin. The AAYFL is the largest and most respected youth football league in Wisconsin. The AAYFL members hail from several WIAA conferences from Racine County to the south, Walworth County to the west up to Oshkosh in the north. The AAYFL groups programs of similar size and geography to reduce travel times. For more info about the AAYFL please visit: www.aayfl.org
- Team rosters of 18+ players per grade level – No cut sport!
- Practices begin week on August 3, 2021
- Practices held on BCHS school grounds
- 5 to 6 practices per week prior to school starting – no longer than 2 hours per session
- 6 hours of practice per week once school starts – day/time TBD by coaching staff
- 8 game season – home games played at BCHS Harrison-Thomas Stadium
- No games/practices over Labor Day weekend
- Season concludes 10/30/21
- 8th Grade team could play 9 games if they qualify for the AAYFL Championship Game
- $375 season cost if registered/paid prior to May 15, 2021
- $425 season cost if registered after May 15, 2021
- Optional Friday Night Lights spring camp on April 16, 2021 at BCHS – $40
- Fee for camp waived if player is registered for fall season prior to 4/15/21
- Register for camp on our Registration Page
- Player referral program
- $50 referral bonus for referring family and referred family
- Eligible for players who did not participate at either Flag or Padded Flag levels
- Limit of up to 7 bonuses for referring family
- Referring family must email Jr Lancer Board President for each referred family
Jr Lancer Football Issued Equipment:
- Helmet & Guardian Cap
- Shoulder, knee, thigh, hip, and tailbone pads
- Practice pants and jersey
- Blue & White game jerseys and game pants
Players must return all equipment at the end of the season except for the mouthpiece and t-shirt.
We love to talk football! Enter your name, email and message below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.