Jr Lancer Tackle football
6th, 7th & 8th Grades
Jr. Lancer Tackle Football
The tackle level will continue its fourth decade of competition this year. This level is for athletes in grades 6 through 8. Our goal is to field a team of between 20 or more players from each grade. We do not cut players who wish to participate. The coaching staff will be comprised of a head coach and a staff of assistant coaches supported by the Jr Lancer Board of Directors and Joel Nellis, head varsity football coach at BC. Our goal is for the head coach to be a non-parent volunteer. However, parent volunteer coaches are welcome to join the coaching staff with head coach and Jr Lancer Board approval. All coaches will complete a background check and training from both USA Football and the BCHS coaching staff. All players are welcome, regardless of participation at the padded flag level.
The Jr Lancer tackle teams compete in the AAYFL – All American Youth Football League of Wisconsin. The AAYFL is the largest and most respected youth football league in Wisconsin. The AAYFL members hail from several WIAA conferences from Racine County to the south, Walworth County to the west up to Oshkosh in the north. The AAYFL groups programs of similar size and geography to reduce travel times. For more info about the AAYFL please visit: www.aayfl.org
- Team rosters of 18+ players per grade level – No cut sport!
- Practices begin in August
- Practices held on BCHS school grounds
- 5 to 6 practices per week prior to school starting – no longer than 2 hours per session
- 6 hours of practice per week once school starts – day/time TBD by coaching staff
- 8 game season – home games played at BCHS Harrison-Thomas Stadium
- No games/practices over Labor Day weekend
- Season concludes 10/28/23
- 8th Grade team could play 9 games if they qualify for the AAYFL Championship Game
- $445 season cost if registered/paid prior to April 1, 2023
- $495 season cost if registered after April 1, 2023
- Register for the 2023 Season by 4/1/23 and get a free Jr. Lancer Football yard sign.
Jr Lancer Football Issued Equipment:
- Helmet & Guardian Cap
- Shoulder & knee pads
- Practice pants and jersey
- Blue & White game jerseys and game pants
Players will be required to purchase girdles that include thigh, hip and tailbone pads. Girdles can be purchased at the following link: https://bsg.chipply.com/jrlancers/
Players must return all equipment at the end of the season except for the mouthpiece and t-shirt.
Equipment Pickup 7/22 and 7/29
We love to talk football! Enter your name, email and message below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.